If you already have a team, you may register and pay the fee. If you are interested in joining Destination Imagination, but do not have a team yet, you may register with no fee and you will be contacted via email for an informational meeting at a later date.
The largest academic team competition in the world!
Do something BIG. Destination Imagination is designed to inspire students to use creativity in working through challenges. It is highly encouraged for gifted and talented students!
The challenges to choose from fit every interest area: technical, scientific, structural, fine arts, improvisational, service learning.
Destination Imagination Facts in a Nutshell!
- Students in grades K - 12 can participate.
- Teams choose the challenge they want to work on based on their interests and skills.
- Teams can have 2 to 7 members and can be boy only, girl only or mixed gender.
- Teams can be multi-grade but will compete at elementary, middle school and high school levels based on the oldest team member’s age.
- Teams recruit their own members but Community Education will help spread the word!
- Each team will set its own meeting schedule and start when they choose but must be ready for the Regional Tournament by the end of February.
- Each team needs a parent or adult team manager(s). No experience necessary, just willingness to support the kids, learn and have fun! Support and training will be provided.
- Previous Orono teams have advanced to state and global competition!
Grades K - 2: $75 Grades 3 - 12: $100