STEM Sampler - Kit & Virtual Class
Youth Enrichment / Science & Nature -
This at home kit with will be mailed directly to your home. Please make sure your address is in your Eleyo profile when registering.
Join Science Explorers in a virtual laboratory as we explore three areas of STEM. Discover the science side of STEM as we learn the difference between chemical and physical changes with sloppy, slimy, and messy experiments. Investigate technology as we learn if our hand is really quicker than the eye with various fun optical illusions. Then, discover engineering and math as we construct a marble roller coaster to learn about physics. This virtual class is filled with engaging experiments and activities. The kit will contain an outline and most of the materials needed to complete the pre-recorded class. A 30-day link will be provided to access a private video on YouTube. It is recommended that an adult is present to help with any technical or experiment difficulties.
- an outline to indicate supplies needed for each experiment/activity
- dropper and spoon
- baking soda, citric acid and washing powder
- Magic Crystals
- color tablet
- storage bowl with lid
- 30ml measuring cup
- liquid starch
- pony beads
- CD spinner
- 3D glasses
- craft tubes
- paper plates and straws
- and much more
Materials Not Included with Kit:
- internet access
- Tablet or laptop/computer to view the pre-recorded class.
- A non-carpet workspace, near a sink, that can get messy (kitchen table).
- sink and water
- pencil and markers
- clear cup, cups and bowls
- paper towels, optional
- tray to contain mess, optional
- old markers, optional
- stapler, optional
- ruler, optional
- WARNING--Items in this kit are for external use only. Do not eat or drink any substance contained in this kit. Keep out of eyes, nose, and mouth.
- WARNING-- This kit contain citric acid, which is a naturally occurring weak acid found in fruit. Wash hands after conducting experiments. If left on hands, can cause skin irritation.
- WARNING:CHOKING HAZARD--Small parts. Not for children under 3 years of age.
- WARNING: CHOCKING HAZARD--Toy contains small ball. Not for children under 3 years of age.
For over 27 years, Science Explorers has been providing science enrichment classes inMinnesota and western Wisconsin. We believe hands-on science sparks wonder and imagination in all children and allows them to use their natural curiosity for discoveries.