Music Lessons - Dennis Tischhauser
All band instruments, percussion, violin and piano
Flexible days and weeks. To schedule contact instructor: email@example.com
Discovery School of Music Summer Private Lessons
Summer is a great time to start learning an instrument or taking your current instrument to the next level! Choose the instructor you would like to take lessons from and register for six summer lessons. Instructors and families will communicate directly to set the summer schedule. If a schedule cannot be worked out, a refund will be issued prior to summer starting.
COVID Cleaning and Mask Information
Both students and teachers should wear masks when talking during the lessons/when not playing Links for proper PPE:
Bell Covers from Groth MusicFlute Shield
Make your own musician mask (scroll down halfway on the page)
The school district is providing the PPE/masks for hybrid band students 6-12, the students will keep them with them and their instrument at all times. If a 6-12th grader is doing lessons at DSOM, they will have their materials to bring them along to the lessons. A 6x6 ft. space between musicians and 9x6 ft. for trombones will be followed. For brass players, we ask everyone to have their own washcloth for emptying their water keys so as not to empty them on the floor. All masks, bell covers, water key washcloths should be washed between lessons/classes.
Email Genna Torney if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Summer Policies:
1. People who go on vacation during the Summer session may make up time by having two lessons in a week assuming they can come at another time available
2. Families can work with the instructor to create a schedule that fits with other commitments - instructors will try to be as flexible as they can within their schedule.
3. Once lesson times have been arranged with your instructor and are on the schedule, students must be committed to the schedule.
4. There are no make-ups for summer lessons during the school year.
5. Notice of absence needs to be given 24 hours in advance in order to receive a make-up lesson.
6. There are no refunds unless the instructor gets sick or can't be there.
7. Families will receive a schedule with all summer lesson times listed so that they have a handy reference to post or keep in the car.